Who is this course for?
Are you interested in teaching English as a Foreign Language to Young Learners? Most initial TEFL training courses focus on how to teach English to adults. With an ever-increasing need for teachers of younger-learners, further training is an essential requirement for any teacher wishing to enter the young learner classroom.
This course is aimed at teachers who would like to enhance their employability in this area of ELT, improve their practical classroom skills, and gather ideas for teaching young learner classes.
What will you learn?
Main objectives of the course:
• Learn some of the common methods & approaches for teaching Young Learners (YLs).
• Be able to create a simple curriculum, lesson plans for YLs, and activities for use with different age groups.
• Understand how to adapt activities for different developmental ages.
• Practice planning and implementing lessons with the method used in a local language academy, and receive feedback on how to improve.
• Get real life teaching experience with real students!
• Learn how to market yourself as a teacher for YLs!
• Fill up that bag of tricks to motivate and engage your students!!!